Bloodshot and yellowish discoloration in the eye. Jaundice?

Could you please take a look at my eye and tell me what could be causing the bloodshot and yellowness. I dont have Jaundice do I?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for somebody your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what you are experiencing.

I did review the pictures which you submitted. My concern would be that you were dealing with a mild infection of The eye. Another possible contributing factor would be some type of inflammation of the tiny blood vessel.

This does not look like jaundice in my opinion. I am not concerned that this is reflective of any type of liver disease.

I would suggest that you make an appointment to see an ophthalmologist. This is a physician who is skilled in problems of The eyes. This doctor can then look with a special lens at the surface of your eye and possibly take a sample or swab of the area. This can then be looked at under the microscope to determine what exactly is going on. If it is some type of infection a topical into biotic will generally work very well. If it is some type of inflammatory cyst the doctor may be able to offer you a procedure to fix the area of swelling.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be informative and helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to review those with you as well.

Dr. Robert