Blood work shows ALT: 121 and AST: 124. What should I do?

yes doctor, I typed my question in tonight, I had blood work today, my alt is 121 and my ast is 124. i have had these high levels for over 10 years. i have been practicing qigong and healed from 20 different illnesses and conditions since 2003. My BP was dx as being really high last month 173/104, then I had the blood work today. I was diagnosed with hep C in 2003 after a hep immunization shot, my doctor 2 that time thought i caught the virus from a hep immunization shot. I was given a liver detox and 3 weeks later my enzymes went from the 300's down to normal. Iam wondering with a traumatic brain injury can you see these levels continue to be this high, I still have a great difficulty with my cognitive thinking. please let me know, i am hoping i dont have a probl;em with my liver, I guess I just want to know if you would see tese enzymes with an injury I had 20 years later. thanks! XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: The levels are not clinically significant Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query with diligence. You have the liver enzymes ALT at 121 and AST at 124. Please relax; these are not clinically significant values to be alarmed for the moment. Some people, normal have these elevated a bit on the higher end. Also, you seem to have had these high levels for over last 10 years. This implies that it is mostly benign condition and your liver is stable. I am glad that you are practicing qigong, and about the benefits you have received from the same. I assume you are being put under medications for your high blood pressure. Traumatic brain injury has nothing to do with the elevated enzymes. If your other liver function tests are normal, and your ultrasound of the liver is normal, then there is no need for you to worry about this. You also need no treatment for the same. Write back to me for further discussion on the same. Regards,