Blood test showed borderline thyroid. Advised to repeat the test. What should I do?

Question
Have had my full blood count results came back on borderline my thyroid came on border line docter told me to repeat it after four weeks for fbc & thyroid after four months
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Could you please send in your fbc&thyroid results? Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your medical concerns with XXXXXXX Could you please send in your fbc and thyroid tests results? It could help assisting you further! Meanwhile, with the little information you provided, I can only say that although the test results would be at the borderline, they should not be worrisome. In such cases, usually, we decide for "watch-and-wait" strategy. That's why your doctor has asked to repeat the tests of fbc after 4 weeks and thyroids after four months to see if any changes appear to decide for the final treatment. Looking forward to have your tests results in. Thank you! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Blood test showed borderline thyroid. Advised to repeat the test. What should I do? 44 minutes later
I would off but I don't have them what does border line mean though

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Border line test results meaning... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. It does not mean anything serious. However, your fvc and thyroid should be re-evaluated for assurance. If still borderline, then, no need to worry. Your doctor will schedule other check ups. The border line means that you might have tendency to develop any problem. But we need to be sure first. That's why you will have repeated tests. I cannot give what kind of problem as I do not have your test results in. Wish you health! Dr.Bardha feel free to ask other questions if you have at the next follow up.