Blood test report has abnormal SGOT level. Working out extremely. Is this the cause?

I am 42 and I just got a blood test back everything is normal except my SGOT level is 63. I have been doing P90x for about 4 months, could this cause the level to be high?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

Thanks for posting the query.

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from GERD( Gastro esophageal reflux disease) and are taking zantac for the same.

2. Since SGOT can also be released from muscles, your slightly elevated
value could be due to your P90x home exercise system.

3. An isolated and slightly elevated SGOT levels do not carry much significance. The levels are known to fluctuate from lab to lab and they also vary with time of the day (circardian rhythm).

4. How are your drinking habits ? since, the levels are mildly elevated in drinkers of alcoholic beverages.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra