Blood spot in eye, subconjunctival hemorrhage, trauma, medication usage, high BP

when I woke up this morning, my left eye hurt and had what looks like a blood clot on my eyeball and also a little white bubble thing that I can move around a little but can't remove.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later

I need to clarify a few things to understand your problem.

1. By blood clot, do you mean a spot of blood or is it a diffuse redness of eye?

2. Do you have symptoms such as watering, itching or foreign body sensation in the eye?

3. Can you send a picture of the left eye to doctor@healthcaremagic?

Blood spot/clot in the eye is described as subconjunctival hemorrhage. It's one of the harmless condition which resolves with time. It's caused by trauma (did you sustain an injury?); inappropriate use of medications such as aspirin and blood thinning medications; increased blood pressure or probably due to severe coughing and so on.
You don't need a treatment for a subconjuctival hemorrhage.

On the contrary, diffuse redness is a feature of inflammation - conjuctivitis, which happens secondary to an infection or allergy. Consulting a doctor is essential as you may need prescription medications in the form of eye drops/ eye ointments.

Answers to my initial queries and a picture will helpful in confirming if any of these 2 condition is the cause.

Awaiting your reply.