Blood in stools, have fissure

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
MY WIFE GETTING BLOOD WITH STOOL FROM LAST 1 WEEK. AS PER DOCTOR SHE EXAMINATION SHE IS SUFFERING FROM FISTS. NO MEDICAL TESTS HAS BEEN DONE BY CUSTOMER.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Bleeding per rectum as described by you can be due to various reasons.A good per rectal and proctoscopic examination can diagnose most of these conditions if they happen to be due to local causes. In the age group of your wife the common causes are piles and fissure in ano.
As per your description the attending doc has diagnosed it as due to FISTS. I would request you to let me know the exact medical terminology used by your doc.This will enable me to advise use more about the treatment.

With regards.