Blockage in right Fallopian tube. Done IVF, eggs produced in left ovary. Miscarriage at 5weeks. Take siphene to increase ovulation. Pregnancy?

Mar 2016

My right fallopian tube is blocked and eggs develop in only right ovary...I have done IVF in Febrary this year...During that time eggs developed in left ovary...and miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnency. Should I take Siphene 100mg to increase ovolution in left ovary.What Should I do to get pregnent?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

I have reviewed your attached reports. It reveals cornual blockage in the right side of fallopian tube. ovarian reserve, ovulation induction drug (like Siphene) may be needed to induce ovulation. It is also helpful for collection of mature ovum if you undergo IVF again. For dose & frequency, you need to consult with IVF specialist. Also close monitoring is needed in every cycle until successful conception takes place.

With IVF procedure, success rate of pregnancy is near about 60%. It is the best method to get pregnant in tubal blockage.

Next thing, you need to undergo some investigations to rule out possible causes of miscarriage before proceeding to next IVF. It includes blood group and Rh typing of both, blood sugar (PPBS), TORCH profile, test for chromosomal abnormality, hormone assay, test for anti phospholipid antibody, thyroid profile etc. Proper treatment is needed according to test report. Your consulting doctor can guide you regarding this.

Some healthy measures needs to be taken like:

1) Take healthy diet with Vitamin-E & folic acid supplements for 3 months.
2) Drink more water and eat more fresh fruits & green vegetables.
3) Do regular light physical exercise to control body weight.
4) Try to avoid stress/ mental depression by yoga or meditation regular.
5) Maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep adequately.

Hope, it helps for your information. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me in follow up section.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr soumen
Follow-up: Blockage in right Fallopian tube. Done IVF, eggs produced in left ovary. Miscarriage at 5weeks. Take siphene to increase ovulation. Pregnancy? 2 hours later
After regular examination for 3-4 months,eggs only develop in right ovary when I take Siphene 50mg....But during IVF eggs develop in left ovary also....Probability of developing eggs in left ovary can increase if I take Siphene 100mg?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 8 hours later

Thanks for follow up query.

Ovulation induction drug (like Siphene) with higher doses may be useful to produce more mature ovum (egg) from both side ovaries in respective cycles. But, close monitoring of ovarian follicle (either side) is mandatory and dose of the drug should be adjusted according to maturity of follicles. Therefore, you need to consult with your treating doctor or IVF specialist for proper guidance regarding this.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you do not have any other query, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.

Good luck. God bless you.

Dr Soumen