Ask a Dentist   »  

Blister-like fluid filled bubble under tissue of left side palate and right upper back molar,pinkish

Three days ago I noticed a blister-like bubble of fluid under the tissue surface of the soft palate, left side and to right of my upper back molar: pinkish in color, painless, 2 mm wide. Being 62, I am concerned that this may be an early cancer? Several time, whicle eating potatoes chips, I have poked the area where the bubble is-could I have injured the area or is what I am seeing in the mirror signs of early cancer? APG
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Hi Annamaria,

Thanks for your query,

Firstly i want to assure you the fact that it could not be cancer what you are having.

The lesions you describe make me suspicious of herpes simples infection ,though at atypical sites.Do not touch or brake it as it can lead into painful ulcers.

Well there is treatment for the same, consult your nearest doctor to get examined and be put on appropriate treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.