Bleeding, cramps, tiredness, had protected sex. Do you have any idea what it could be?

My girlfriend got her period early this month. It started on Wednesday 4th XXXXXXX and was medium heavy and she said it was more like normal blood. She still has cramps and we are concerned as to what it may be.
She previously had her period on the 20th December and 22nd November. The last time we had intercourse was on the 20th November and we used a condom after half way through.

She has also recently been feeling quite tired in that she can sleep the whole night and feels tired in the mornings.

She has not had any scans or smear tests done. And is on no medication.

Do you have any idea what it could be? Should we worry or just let it pass. She is always regular otherwise?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 27 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

As she is having regular periods I don't think she is pregnant but to be more cautious you can do pregnancy test at home, there is no harm in doing that.

Tiredness can be due to other causes like anemia , stress etc

Get her haemoglobin done.
She should take lot of fluids and water.

Hope I have answered your query. I'm available for follow-up.