Bleeding at 6th month of pregnancy. Told to wait till it increases. Suggest?

Question
For second consecutive day at 6th month of pregnancy, I am bleeding. My dr says, wait - if it continues, visit the hospital. Shall it not be too late if I wait and see. And what could be implications?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 minutes later
Hi XXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
Two days bleeding in 6month of pregnancy can be due to local problem in cervix or vagina or it may be due to placetal bleeding.
It may mean something sinister like threatened abortion and you should consult a gynecologist to find and manage the exact cause.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Bleeding at 6th month of pregnancy. Told to wait till it increases. Suggest? 3 minutes later
can we wait for 2 days to visit expert.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 51 minutes later
Hi XXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic.
Two days you have already spent in waiting for bleeding to resolve.
You should not waste further time. Once its decided to see the doctor then it should be at earlier, delay may harm the salvagibility at times.
Take Care!