Bleeding after using fingers in vagina. Is this normal?

Hi I am married from last 7 years before doing intercourse i used my fingers and my wife started bleeding, is this normal or because if fingers? also do I need to go for any test or its normal? please advice.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Any bleeding is not normal neither while you use in prelude your fingers nor during the intercourse, most probably you injured her vaginal mucosa with the nails and as a result start bleeding. I would advice you to stop this practice and in general intercourse for few day , to allow regeneration of her mucosa and then you can start again normal sexual activities but very gentle use your fingers preferable use lubricant and be very carefully don’t injury again.
If after few days of pause ( without intercourse ) she/you will note bleeding again then you need seek Gynecologist consultation for physical assessment to clarify cause , but I hope everything will be alright , you just be carefully few days and monitor.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,