Bleeding after masturbating. How long will the bleeding last?

Question
i masterbated the other day now I have some bleeding I think I may have scratched it inside will it heal it's self and will the bleeding stop and how long will the bleeding last? mi am having some what feels like period cramping but had my period lastweek
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likley will heal Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. Indeed, given the masturbatory trigger, most likely there was an erosion or scratch in the vulvar or vaginal canal, leading to bleeding. Those usually heal quickly given the great blood supply of genital area. However, if the cervix suffered a lesion, those take more time to heal. I would avise you to keep on your normal hygiene routine, only with soap and water, no chemicals, no douches, and monitor symptoms. If they persist for more than 10 days, then you would have to undergo a pelvic exam. Yours truly, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN

Follow-up: Bleeding after masturbating. How long will the bleeding last? 44 minutes later
how long will the bleeding last

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Should be short lived if superficial injury Detailed Answer: If the injury, either a small laceration or erosion is superficial, it should heal itself probably in about a week, similar to the healing rate of a superficial skin scratch; again if it persists it may have been a more important injury and a pelvic examination would be in order. Yours truly, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD

Follow-up: Bleeding after masturbating. How long will the bleeding last? 32 minutes later
how do I see how deep it is I do know I took a pic of it this past Saturday and took some yesterday evening and to me it is looking better at the bottom of it I see redness I am just hoping the bleeding stop I don't have much blood on the pad more when I wipe after using the bathroom

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: If superficial cut it would heal within 1 week Detailed Answer: Without any further manipulation, a cut, scrape or scrathc in the genital vulvovaginal canal should heal in about 1 week; if it does not it may be a more complex lesion that has to be seen with a formal pelvic exam. Best regards