Bleeding after childbirth, taken Primolut. Fixed copper-T. Now hair fall, bleeding. Hormone problem?

Question
My wife is having the following problem. please guide us in the next step.

Dec 2012, we had a bay
After delivery she had more bleeding even in the non period days, after consulting a doctor she took primolut-n for 20 days and then she is fine. After couple of months again she started having more bleeding(we had fixed copperT in between). Again doctor suggested to continue with primolut-n. From last two weeks she is having more hair fall also.

we were concerned whether this relates to any harmonal problem. please let us know what kind of tests we should take to identify whats really happening.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 46 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Let me answer your query one by one.

1. After couple of months again she started having more bleeding(we had fixed copper T in between). Problem of bleeding in between the periods is due to copper T insertion.
Some women do not tolerate copper T. I suggest you to get the copper T removed and go for other method of contraception.

2. From last two weeks she is having more hair fall also. Hair fall is a very common problem after delivery. Since estrogen levels decrease following delivery, it results in hair fall.
Ask her not to worry.
She will regain all her hair within 6 months. There is nothing to worry.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask if you have further queries. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer