Biopsy of a wart on penis. Diagnosis is condyloma accuminata of shaft-benign. Which doctor to see?

I went to a doctor and he took a biopsy of a like wart type on my penis...Lazered it off..and off I went...I went today for the biopsy results and the final diagnosis is condyloma accuminata of shaft-benign...what kind of doctor should I see to get further examination? The doctor at this clinic just worry free...have a good day..
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

Condyloma acuminata means a genital wart.

I agree with your doctor that you should be worry free so far CA is concerned.
However, you should be vigilant about any further lesions in near future and should get treatment if you see any suspicious lesion.

I recommend getting yourself tested for other STIs like HIV, HEPATITIS B & Centre, syphilis.
This is just a medical protocol that if you have one sexually transmitted infection, it is prudent to get screened for other STIs too.
But the decision is personally yours.

I hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.