Bike fell on knee. Not having pain while walking. Possibility of internal injury?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Yesterday I fell off my dirtbike, and the bike fell on my right knee. It didn't twist, it hurts to bend, but I'm able to walk fine. It's also very stable. Its the right knee, if feels like it hurts internally. Any suggestion?
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 15 minutes later
Since there is minimal pain on weight bearing and walking, a bone injury is not likely in this case. The mild discomfort and the XXXXXXX pain that you are feeling is likely to be due to a mild knee exercises, lifting weights, climbing stairs, cycling, etc.
2. Take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen every 8 hourly.
3. Do a hot fomentation in the area twice daily.
4. You can apply a local analgesic gel like Volini also.
5. Use an elastic knee brace for better knee support while walking.
Do consult an Orthopedician for a physical examination and stronger prescription medicines in case there is swelling, persistent pain and difficulty in walking.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.