Been to dentist for root canal treatment. Chances of HIV infection?

In month of March i visited Dentist for treatment of RootCanal, the clinic was not to the XXXXXXX Is there chances of spreading of virus like HIV thru dentist clinic (rootcanal treatment). The doctor even didnt have assistance to help, like cleaning the tools. How to be rest assured that things are okay with me....

Next time, i need to visit good clinics to avoid tension later than unnecessary.

Secondly, as if a person has BP 140/100 cant he donate blood, Since blood bank denied saying it would be problem for the patient. Is that true.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 hours later

Need not worry, any dental clinic would definitely use sterilized instruments during procedures. Also most of time there would be considerable gap between one patient to another which would be enough for the virus to die if exist on the instruments.

No, blood pressure in the donor does not cause any problem to the patient (recipient). Sometimes Donor may have complications like puncture wound ooze.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Been to dentist for root canal treatment. Chances of HIV infection? 5 hours later
Hi Dr Raju;

Glad to see your reply.

My mistake in question, but you answered my question. So Donor may have complication.

Thanks you answered my question, and can close the discussion.

Have a nice day.

with best regards
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later
You are welcome.