Been getting jittery and dizzy, out of focus, panic attacks. Why is thyroid fluctuating?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi i've been getting jittery and dizzy and sometimes feels like i can't focus (eyes) properly, and then i start to panic abit not knowing whats going on. I have been to doctors, my thyroid played up for about a month but bye the time i went to see a specialist it had returned to normal.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Suddenly feeling jittery and dizzy with a feeling of panic points towards anxiety disorder.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.