Been feeling dizzy, have dull aches in kidney area. Why are there traces of blood in urine?

Hi I have been feeling dizzy on and off for the past couple of weeks and I've also been having some dull aches in my back on the right side where my kidney is. I also have had trace amounts of blood in my urine for the past 3 months. I had an ultra sound, cat scan and the urinary scope done and they haven't found what the problem is. The dizziness is new. My symptoms seem to get worse when I drink coffee or soda. Please help.
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

I understand your concern. I am pleased to know that you have been properly investigated and the results are normal. My comments are:

1. The pain affected area and the nature of the pain that you mentioned in your query looks more like pain arising from the muscles and soft tissues. We call such kind of pain as musculo-skeletal pain. Pain killers should do the trick and relieve you off the pain.

2. Pain of kidney origin usually migrate to the front of the abdomen and is usually severe. Besides kidney problems like stones have been ruled out by the scans done already. So I don't think you need to be worried of kidney issues for now.

3. Discuss with your treating doctor for a good pain killer such as non steroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) to help your back pain.

4. Giddiness can have origin from cardiac, brain or ENT problems. These areas should be the foci to find out the cause for the dizziness. Kindly get your blood pressure checked. Your physician can take this issue further from there.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I have missed out on any of your concerns.

Get well soon!

Dr. G. Srinivasan