Bath salts. Racing heart, dizzy, chest pressure, headache. Xanax

I am 5'4' 27 years old 100 lbs and I just did a big line of 8ballz(bath salts) up my nose for th first time. Probably 200 mg. I did it 2 hours ago and my heart is racing, I am dizzy, panicky, a lil bit of chest pressure and a headache. I took a xanax and have been drinking lots of water but don't want to go to the ER......
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 41 minutes later

You have done a XXXXXXX thing. The innocent sounding BATH SALTS contains addictive and hallucinogenic chemical like mephedrone and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (also known as MDPV). These are derivatives of Morphine(opioid) and extremely hallucinogenic (causing hallucinations / illusions).

The BATH SALTS are extremely addictive.
BATH SALTS are stimulants of Central Nervous System. So you need a CNS Depressant to tackle the side effects. Wait for some time it will certainly show its effect.

The use of the BATH SALTS could lead to side effects like shallow breathing , giddiness, redness around nostrils,excessive sweating , chills, vomiting,etc
You need to XXXXXXX with a Psychiatrist urgently.Do not repeat this again and always take treatment on consulting the doctor.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.
Follow-up: Bath salts. Racing heart, dizzy, chest pressure, headache. Xanax 19 minutes later
What is a CNS depressant? And what will show its effects in time?
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 31 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.

Xanax (which you have already taken) is Alprazolam, which is CNS Depressant. It a short-acting medicine which shows its effects in 90 minutes.

Waiting for your query in next follow-up
Follow-up: Bath salts. Racing heart, dizzy, chest pressure, headache. Xanax 34 minutes later
I imagine it was a good thing that I took that although I don't feel much different. I feel a little bit better. I am reading up on this and am not sure if it was mephedrone or the MDPV as the doses are insanely different. How do I know which one it was?