Bad smell in vagina. Bacterial or mold infection? Symptoms of pregnancy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, Since 2 weeks I have a really BAD SMELL in my vagina. Next to that my vagina became much more closer.. Also I am already 1 and a halve week to late with my menstruation. (usually I am late or early so that is not what I am worried about too much)
I do not feel to have sex because of the smell, i smell it even when I am dressed. Help what can I do? I was reading about an infection? Bacterial or mold? I was also reading that when you are pregnant you got this symptoms?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later

The first thing you need to do is to get a urine for pregnancy test done using the pregnancy kit, available at all the pharmacies. Be careful to use only the early morning first sample of urine.

The bad smell of vagina is usually associated with bacterial infection of the vagina which might be associated with a vaginal fungal infection. A vaginal swab culture will help in the diagnosis under the guidance of your gynecologist.

Pregnancy is not associated with a vaginal bad smell or infection. Your infection needs treatment with antibiotics after consultation with gynecologist. Till then you can use vaginal suppositories available over the counter for fungal infection.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.