Back pain. No gap in L5/L6. Muscle relaxant and pain killer not helping. Suggest good orthopedic doctor

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My wife aged 40 years is having severe backpain for more than 2 months now. muscle relaxant and pain killers are not helping. There is no gap in L5/L6 but the pain is not subsiding. Please suggest a good Ortho.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The presence of severe back pain after a history of fall may be due to a minor bone injury in the area. If the bone injury has been ruled out after MRI scan, then a bed rest, physiotherapy and lumbar traction might help her in an early recovery. Doing a hot fomentation followed by application of a local analgesic gel will be helpful. Using an L-S contour belt while sitting will be helpful in maintaining the proper posture.
Nerve compression symptoms need to be ruled out after a detailed examination by a neurologist.
To find a good Orthopedician nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.