Back lump, grown larger, painful. Had CABG, stents, type 1 IDD, pump therapy. Worried

Yes, please. For about 20 years I have had a lump in my lower back, directly at the beltline, 2" from my spine on the right side. It has grown larger over the years, as when I first experienced the pain, I felt a distinct marble size "growth" at that location. As the years have passed, the lump has grown significantly larger, and now I can only seem to touch the outside surface of a much larger object. Very painfull at the beltline, and excruciating when the shower hits that spot. My GP brushed it aside, even though he saw the pain it caused when he touched it. I've has 2 4x CABG, 11 caths w/ 16 stents at this point, and am a 30-year type-1 IDD, pump therapy. The pain has become significantly worse, and now there has appeared a couple places on my body that when scratched or wash in the shower, feel like they "scratch the itch" of the entire area. I realize that probably makes no sense, but the feeling is almost pleasurable. Left armpit, area under left side of scrotum. Just a tad worried since Mom, sister, and kid brother have passed in the past two years. I am a male, 55 years of age. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 14 hours later
You have a very significant family history. If this growth has been increasing over the years and has become painful,you should get a biopsy/FNAC done immediately.The rest of your medical problems may not be related to this.But since you have a history you should get the biopsy and if required excision of the lump.
I suggest you see a surgeon for an examination first and go ahead from there.
There are many types of swelling that can occur like lipomas,neurofibromas ,bone cysts etc. Only a proper examination and biopsy can determine the cause.