Ask a Dentist   »  

Baby spitted small piece of solid tissue, no pain or discomfort

just spotted a small piece of solid tissue coming out my 14 months old baby,,actually she spat it out,, no sign of pain or discomfort
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand your concern.

If there is no pain or discomfort associated, I do not think there is anything to be worried about.

Most probably the tissue which you noticed could be the tissue from the gum, and I suspect your child is getting her teeth, and during teething, the gingival tissue overlaying the tooth which is erupting will get detached as the tooth comes out.

I strongly feel this is the case in your baby, so do not worry. If at all you notice any raw area in the mouth and if you see such bits of tissue coming out, then you should take her to the dentist to have a look.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further concerns.

Wishing you and your baby good health.