Baby crib is near to huge computer. Are there any risk of radiation?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter is 6 weeks old, we live in a very small space with my husband. My husband has a huge computer 5 feet away from her crib. Is there a risk of the radiation affecting her being so close? And is there an overall risk of her being exposed to radiation in our home which has 2 computers in close quarters and the space we live in is the size of a 4 car garage with not too much ventilation. Thanks in advance!
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 40 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I presume that the computer monitor is the LCD type and not CRT type. These monitors emit less radiation and are reasonably safe. However it is better to keep them as far as possible. Do switch them off when not in use.

I can understand the limitation of living space. Despite the limitation you should ensure proper ventilation by opening the doors and windows frequently for fresh air to come in.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
http://goo.gl/SuCjl

Follow-up: Baby crib is near to huge computer. Are there any risk of radiation? 8 hours later
Thank you so much! I will definitely keep our doors open and 1 large window that we do have. Yhanks for thr information!

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 27 minutes later

I appreciate your gesture and am happy that my advice has been fruitful to you.

In case you intend closing this query then do give a feedback and rate the response.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

Rajiv.