At risk of gonorrhea or chlamydia by falling on public toilet? Want second opinion.

Im 65 5'11 152lbs. I'm happily married in a totally monogamous
marriage for 30 years but I have developed an obsessive compulsive disorder over STDS. In this incident over falling backward onto
a public toilet exposing an area of the skin about 1 1/2 inches inside the crack in my buttocks at the top near my tailbone.
The seat felt damp. 1st I know that the skin was intact. No cuts cracks etc. 2nd Is this skin considered mucous membrane. I was told it is not. And finally to be specific could I have been at risk
for gonorrhea or chlamydia penetrating this skin under the conditions I mentioned. This is a second opinion doctor. I was assured by another doctor that I was at no risk.
My OCD rears its ugly head and I need reasurance if I can get it.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 10 hours later

I completely understand your mental state.

I reassure you as your doctor that there are nil chances of transmitting STD's (Gonorrhea) by using public toilet. Sexually transmitted Infections as the name explains are common amongst people with high risk sexual behavior and only transmitted sexually.

I see no reason for you to worry given your behavior. The following are my reasons:

1. Mucus membrane starts from anal orifice only.
2. Gonorrhea can penetrate only mucus membrane and not skin. Public toilet seat is exposed to skin alone and not mucus membrane.
3. Gonococcus infection in the rectal mucosa only common with anal intercourse, this is unlikely in your case.
4. Chlamydia infections are common only in the urinary tract causing burning urine.
5. Since you don’t have any of the above symptoms you DONT have any STI.

Be assured now and that let these smallest organisms not disturb a stronger person like you. Please remove these ideas from your mind and follow up a Psychiatrist for further help.

Hope this helps and forms the last opinion taken from an expert.

Prasad PVS, MD