Asthmatic, prescribed omnacortil for 10 days. Now having severe dry cough. Is it the side effect of omnacortil ?

I have asthma problem , I have been prescribed omnacortil 20 mg twice a day for 5 days and then 20 mg once a day for 5 days followed by 10 mg once a day for 5 days and finally 5 mg once a day for 5 days. I have a very severe dry cough which does not allow me to get proper sleep the entire night or day. Is this caused by omnacortil as a side effect
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for query
Severe dry cough is very common problem in asthmatics and many times you have to give steroids like omnacortil to make it alright.
This dry coughing is because of asthma and not because of omnacortil
Treating by tapering the dose of omnacrtil over next few days is the right and most proper treatment and you must continue it
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any follow up.
Thanks and good luck.