Arthritis of the neck and head. Suggest medication

Daughter-in-law is suffering from arthritis of the neck & head due to abuse from ex. She suffers from no slavia being produced or tears; sores in mouth from this also burning of the mouth. Are there meds to help her? She has had a doctor diagnose this.
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sjögren's syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like she is suffering from Sjögren's syndrome. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Approach an immunologist for confirmation of the condition 2. There is no specific treatment or cure for it however recent studies indicate improvement with steroids and methotrexate. 3. Symptomatic relief with aqueous eye drops for dry eyes and Vit c chewable tablets is the dictum 4. Hydroxy chloroquine is the ideal arthritis drug for her, please approach her doctor with my suggestion I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me regards