Arms bruise and tear very easily, and take long time to heal. Suggest?

my arms bruise and tear very easily, and they take a l o n g time to heal. just from my elbows down. my arms look like someone has hit me with a bat or something. ive heard of "renu" but, i thought i'd ask some questions first. thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be a hematologic disorder.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I see that you suffer from recurrent bruises . In your age there can be two reasons mainly .

First one can be that you may be on some anticoagulant medication leading to all this . Second can be that you may be having some hematologic disorder.

I advise you to see a hematologist , get you CBC , PT , INR , Peripheral smear done . Only after these a diagnosis could be made.

Dr. Shruti