Are tingling over entire body, dull aches in chest nad stomach and occassional numbness in left hand signs of any disease ?

I had tingling over my entire body while vaccuuming. What does that mean? I also have quick dull aches in different areas of my chest and stomach for a second and occasional numbness in left hand all at various times but not together. Been burping more than I used to too. My husband died in his sleep 7 months ago suddenly from possibly a heart I just feeling it might happen to me or am I also having heart problems?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later

The tingling you felt while vacuuming can be because of many reasons like earthing of the electric current through your body due to faulty wiring, sudden multiple nerve stimulation in response to a strong stimulus like fright or sudden temperature change, etc. What caused those nerve stimulations so as to result in tingling can only be judged by someone who was there at that time.

I think this was the first such episode so you can ignore it for the time being. It is not necessary that it is associated with some pathology.

Repeated dull aches in the different areas of your chest and stomach are non- specific symptoms and are not conclusive of any disease. Still you can get a complete cardiac check-up, blood sugar and cholesterol profile done to know any high risk factors that might be causing these symptoms.

Is the numbness in your hand associated with some neck pain? This might be due to early spondylotic changes in your cervical spine which are expected at your age.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.