Are headaches,backaches,bloating and constipation with frequent urination symptoms of pregnany?

May 2013
My last period was Dec 18-20 I had sex on Dec 28 and 30 . my cycles are 24-28 days faithfully. And has been for 20 years.....I still haven't started but I am having so many symptoms of being pregnant. I have an 8 yr old and 6 yr old identical twins...I feel pregnant. I have had headaches backaches bloating constipation having to pee every hour and I have even thew up that yellow stuff that I have only threw up when I was pregnant. I have been taking a test a week since first day of missed period but still saying not pregnant. Please help I don't know what to think!!! I have read that it is possible to have neg test for months.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. As you had intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy. Though symptoms are suggesting the possibility of pregnancy, just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy. Sometimes urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy. So, once go for blood test for pregnancy. Quantitative blood test can give more accurate result compared with urine test. Depending on the result of the test further management can be planned. Meanwhile you go for symptomatic treatment. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Are headaches,backaches,bloating and constipation with frequent urination symptoms of pregnany? 4 minutes later
I had went to er on XXXXXXX 22 and they said negative...I feel like I'm pregnant. Could the test be wrong? Uncommon but possible? Never have heartburn but I have been having it.....and I'm 3 weeks late...I did have a lil spotting on XXXXXXX 18 and 19 had sex on XXXXXXX 21 and had very lil spotting afterwards....have had sex twice a week since then....if I was not preg could I have become pregnant even tho I have missed my XXXXXXX period??
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hi, The possibilities are: -Sometimes only scanty flow can be seen during periods. This is called hypomenorrhea. -Possibility of delayed ovulation and chances of pregnancy. -Menstrual irregularity due to hormonal imbalance or other causes. So, once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for ultrasound. Ultrasound helps in finding out the possibility of pregnancy. In the absence of pregnancy, ultrasound can give some idea regarding the cause for menstrual irregularity. Take care.
Follow-up: Are headaches,backaches,bloating and constipation with frequent urination symptoms of pregnany? 0 minute later
I have an appointment on march 10 but am worried that its too far away......we have been trying to have a baby for 4 months now and I've finally missed a period but am not pregnant? I really don't understand?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Repeat blood test for pregnancy Detailed Answer: Hi, Sometimes irregularities in menstrual cycles can happen due to many causes leading to confusion. If you cannot go for ultrasound till March, you can repeat the quantitative blood test for pregnancy. Possibly this will give some idea about the possibility of pregnancy. If the test gives negative result again, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Take care.