Applied veet around vagina and causing burning sensation. Advise?

Hi I applied veet around my vagina and it is causing burning sensation
Will there be any issue
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
observe closely for one day and do as advised

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Veet contains the hair removing chenicals which loosen the hair proeins and help removing the unwanted hair.
If you have applied the cream to outer lips there should not be any trouble. There may be slight itching initially but it subsides soon by itself.
If any redness or swelling locally then it indicates allergy to veet and you should consult a local physician for start of antiallergic treatment.
In that case you must avoid further exposure to veet. The reason being the subsequent reactions are more XXXXXXX
I hope the advise will be informative and useful for you.