Any chances of pregnancy after taking unwanted-72 pill within 72 hours after sex?

Apr 2014

I had an unprotected sex with my husband on 10th periods started on 3rd January.After havng sex I took unwanted-72 pill.Afterdat I got bleeding like periods.Is there any chance to be pregnant??Please reply....
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: There is almost no chance of pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Hello Girban Thanks for writing to us There is almost negligible chance of pregnancy. You did intercourse on 7th day counting form 1st day of last menstrual period.Generally ovulation occurs on 14th day counting from first day of last menstrual period,so fertilization is not possible in your case. Moreover you took emergency contraceptive pills within 72 hours,this also minimizes chances of pregnancy.Emergency contraceptive are highly effective drugs if taken within the time. You don't worry.There is almost no chance.Bleeding was due to unwanted 72 tablets. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX