Ants found over infant's urine, infant on OF suspension. Cause?

Feb 2013

Hi, my son is 10 months old. Yesterday ants surrounded in sometime where he urinated. last week he was diagonised with mild dysentery and we are giving him OF suspension. Whether taht could be the reason for ants coming?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Surrounding of ants and flies around human secretory fluids and excreta like saliva, urine is a common finding and it is not suggestive of any underlying medical problem.

The chemicals or products that may present in the urine may attract the ants by their physical properties like smell.

Nothing to worry and it is a normal phenomenon. Continue the medication as advised by your doctor.

If you are concerned about this, giving a urine sample for complete urine examination will alleviate your worries.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.