Am pregnant, have bleeding. What do I do?

Infertility Specialist
preganatmy name is XXXXXX 40 yrs old and 2 month preganat not yet seen by my GBY. please my question for 3 days now I keep having a little blood stain. what do I do.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply for your query:

1) First I suggest you to confirm your pregnancy by doing blood test called beta hCG. This is an accurate test to confirm pregnancy if it was there.

2) Alternatively please get transvaginal ultrasound scan to see gestational sac and fetal cardiac activity. This will confirm the vaiability of your pregnancy and check the possibility of abortion since you are bleeding.

3) If there is confirmed pregnancy, you need to start on supportive medications (eg. progesterone tablets and injections) which will be prescribed by your gynecologist.

4) You also need to start medication of folic acid which is an essential suppliment for safe pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Am pregnant, have bleeding. What do I do? 4 hours later
Thanks for a wonderful answer. Just came back from emergency my hcg is 664 to follow up within 48th hours.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Hi, congratulations on being pregnant. Please repeat the test after 48 hours to check doubling value of beta hCG. PLease accept my answer & close the query since you are satisfied. Do provide your valuable feed back. All the best. Dr. Mahesh Koregol