Am i light headed with upset stomach due to exposure to polyurethene fumes?

I think I having a recation from exposure to polyurathene fumes. I'm experiencing lite headness and a upset stomach. When I take my one pill for high pressure in the morning it seem to make the symtoms worse.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
The exposure to polyurethane fumes usually causes symptoms like nausea, drowsiness, breathlessness, light headedness and hepatotoxicity. The worsening of symptoms after taking the blood pressure pill might be due to the hypotension caused.
Now you need to stay away from the source of exposure to these fumes. Wash all the exposed body parts and eyes with fresh water. If there is worsening of symptoms like watery eyes, breathlessness, salivation from mouth, unconciousness, etc then you need to attend an ER immediately.
If the symptoms are mild then you can self monitor yourself for any deterioration of symptoms and take plenty of fluids and inhale deeply in fresh air or hyperbaric oxygen as most of its metabolites are exhaled out.
You can take some activated charcoal for symptomatic relief. The symptoms will gradually subside in 4-5 days.
You can get a blood test done for liver functions and complete blood picture to rule out any hepatotoxicity and bone marrow depression caused by these.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.