Am I safe if STD tests are negative?

I had only one sex partner since I got married, that is my wife. However, I happened to engage in unprotected casual sex with someone else two days back. It included a very short oral session and intercourse, without any orgasms as we both stopped. Though there is nothing which suggest cause for worry evidently, I'm concerned about the following: . I've read about the window period for various types of infections. However, if both of us (me and the lady with whom I engaged in sex with), get STD tests done straight away and are ruled negative, can I be at ease? I'm sure that I don't have any history of it prior and the only chance is if I've got anything from the said lady. So if she undergoes the tests and is ruled negative, then I can consider myself safe? If yes, what are the tests, that needs to be done? Thanks!
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Both partners need tests Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query to Healthcaremagic. I can understand your concern. There is no question of orgasm. The things you are worried about can be transmitted through sex and body secretions/fluids as well. The tests which you both should get done are HIV,HCV, HBsAg. HSV IgG, Igm,and VDRL. these will be screening tests. However if any of this is positive screening, then you may need to proceed further. Window period is when you interact the virus, it is inside your body but not showing any symptoms. This is especially for HIV when we always advise to repeat the test after 3 months if any suspicion. If both of you are negative , no worries. Thanks. Anything else, happy to help.
Follow-up: Am I safe if STD tests are negative? 14 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Just so-as to confirm; If both of us take the following tests (HIV,HCV, HBsAg, HSV IgG, Igm,and VDRL) and are tested negative, then there is no cause for concern, right? Can you suggest any good hospitals in Bangalore which does this? I presume St.Johns will? Any other which is located in East Bangalore? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Regarding location for tests Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX You can visit SRL Lab. in your location or any good hospital with laboratory back up. They might ask you for a prescription for getting the tests done and also a consent form will have to be signed by you for getting your HIV test done. You can visit a local practitioner for this or enquire from lab.or some dr. from skin and std department in a govt. hospital. There are many NACO centres in all cities doing hiv test with counselling free of cost. Thanks. Any other query please ask. Thanks.