Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron tablets?

please is there an injection rather than iron tabs......i feel sooooooo tired all the time dont feel like doing anything etc...i had a i think vitamin b compund injection few years ago .friend of mine took me to see his private doc............

i cant affod to eat well as on low income and single 5 ft 6 about 8 and half stone so not overwight.......also my nails grow but my hair never does.i would love for my hair to grow to my elbows at least im a vegetaria but eat eggs and fish
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later

There are few things that are not very clear from your query - as to what is your present haemoglobin status? And serum ferritin levels?

You said you are always tired that can be because of thyroid disorder, yes, injectable iron preparations are available, if you are unable to tolerate oral iron supplements.
Take them under supervision and after sensitivity test.

Do write back with clarifications.

Follow-up: Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron tablets? 5 hours later
Hello i am mss XXXXXXX

Sorry i have always been slightly anaemic as to having heavy periods since a young age which i still do.

yes i use to feel tired ...hate irontabs as get constipation adn im sometimes babd fr taking them. over a year ago i had b compound tabs and a injectin and felt good afterwards. no tiredness. i have had a whole nhs chexk that is due of my age.blood pressure.....weight..cholsetral ...and about 8 other checks ..all came back normal...thyroid is too.

what is haemoglobin status? where do i find out that from and what is serum ferritin levels?

i only had these tests ..about 2 weeks ago. blood sugar levels all ok...he said he sent me for all possible tests...only thing that came back again which i knew i had was really low iron levels....i wasnt even feeling like this before i went to docs...think i went for lower back pain but a health overdue thing cam eup and he sent me for all tests/ i am taking iron tabs ferrous sulphate 200mg twice a day...and feel so tired since taking them.......yes my stools are dark so i know im taking them......but all i want to dp is sleep....and i am, wouldnt any of the illnesses u mentioned have showed up........i hate this feeling, even when i go out to trianing i feel really tired on bus and yawn all the time...please help me i hate this feeling
how can i be feeling like this wheni am taking tabs or are they making me feel like this.....a silly question i often sit with laptop on my thighs a lot is that bad for it making me feel ths way i do know low iron is tooo but why so suddenly again do i feel like this..
the injection i had few years ago i think was b something and i ...did take b compund tabs given tome too .felt good for wile has it worn off
hope this helps.i dont drink or smoke.drink a lotof green tea if anything.....i dont drink fizzy drinks.have no energy to do exercise or anything
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 34 hours later

Thanks for all the clarifications.

As you have mentioned you have gone through all the check up, and found to have no other medical problem than being low in iron.

Well, in that case iron supplementation is the only answer.

Oral iron tablets are not know to cause tiredness and yawning. Besides iron I think, you must supplement yourself with vitamin D , vitamin B12, and calcium. I think that will help you to feel lot better.

If you are unable to tolerate oral tablets, then yes you can ask for injectable iron. For exact brands and doses you can see your doctor.

Follow-up: Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron tablets? 27 hours later
thanks what about for protein.i think i lack that. i am a vegetarian but eat meat and fish now and hair does not grow and my nails ont toes not very healthy .was told due to lack of iron and or protein....
i would love long lack of protein the reason??? and what can itake to improve.i am 5ft 6 and about 8 and half stone .not overweight and 47

just want to feel ad look healthy

thnaks :) sos to be a pain
i have been reading about ferritin levels and getting worried...does that mean as i am really low in iron do i have ferrtin issues ..what exactly is it
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dear Mrs XXXXXXX proteins do help in hair growth.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs XXXXXXX proteins do help in hair growth. If you are worried you can get your total serum proteins checked. Diet XXXXXXX in proteins is anyways a good choice. You also get quality protein XXXXXXX supplements over the counter in all chemist/pharmacy stores. You may opt for it.

Serum ferritin is a marker of serum iron levels. I would not be concerned about it as you are already on iron supplements.