Aloha! I live in Maui, Hawaii and have been frustrated

Excellent

Question
Aloha! I live in Maui, Hawaii and have been frustrated because no one (doctors/specialists) can tell me why I continue to have head aches, nausea, "pins and needles" in hands and feet, random burning sensations, tremor, more difficulty walking,neck pain, heat intolerance and overall weakness. (SOOO tired) I am a 40 year old female, caucasian. I can not lift what I could 2 weeks ago. Symptoms became much worse beginning on 11.8, I've had a bad headache and nausea since then. (note, I am NOT someone who gets headaches, in fact rarely in my life) Here are the tests I've had: MRI of the head, CT scan of swollen parotid gland on right side, 2 ultrasounds of the same parotid gland, chest xray, EKG, mammogram 2 yrs ago and getting another, extensive blood work and hormone checks, diabetes test, cortisol test, thyroid function, vitamin D- CBC complete blood count, HIV- you name it! Blood pressure has always been great, I just turned 40 and you could set your watch to my period! :-) I've seen every type of Doc except the Neurologist which is the next step I suppose? At least we have a lot RULED OUT. I had Epstein-Barr/mononucleosis as a child at around 9 yrs old. Since 15 i've been treated for major depression/bipolar type 2. Periods are totally normal. I've also had 2 surgeries (09 and '16) to remove uterine fibroids/polyps. I know this is a lot of info, but I'm just trying to be clear. Should we look into multiple sclerosis or Guillain-Barré syndrome? It seems these issued haven't been discussed yet. Any insight would help. Mahalo!
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management and supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern, Multiple sclerosis and guillain-Barré syndrome are unlikely as former would have shown up on MRI for sure and later with nerve conduction studies and EMG. Heat intolerance should be ruled out for hypothyroidism but you mentioned hormonal check up so must have been ruled out. It could mere be fatigue and fibromyalgia. History of bipolarity and depression makes that more likely. I would like you to get a psych evaluation and get a refill for some antipsychotics and low doses of tricyclic antidepressants and see if it helps.

I hope it does. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan