Almond taste in mouth, blurred vision, cold sweat. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I periodically get an almond taste in my mouth and then a few seconds of blurry vision, plus a cold sweat. BP is OK. This is for my husband XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Altered taste in the mouth with blurry vision and a cold sweat could be indicative of lowered blood glucose levels - hypoglycaemia or stroke.
Going for a routine evaluation and blood tests with your physician will help in diagnosis.
It could also be due to decreased thyroid hormone levels. A simple blood test will take care of that.
Your symptoms do need a medical attention and need proper investigations for diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.