Alcoholic. Have elevated liver enzymes, fatty liver. Took zenflow for diarrhea. Worried for jaundice

Gastroenterologist
Question
Dear sir I have been drinking alcohol regularly since an year, I have the habit of drinking since 10+ years but there were so may breaks in between but from last one year I am taking it regularly. I can say 360ml of whisky every day.... Recently I took a break for two months because I had ACL reconstruction surgery.. I am really willing to stop it as since two I am feeling tired and vomited twice and two watery motions, not feeling hungry at all. My urine is normal in color most of the time and my eyes also seems to be normal. I am worried if am having a jaundice. what are the typical symptoms? Currently watery motions stopped as I used zenflow Oz in the morning. In XXXXXXX 2012 I was diagnosed with elevated Liver enzymes and mild fatty liver. since then I am using Kamalahar which is an ayurvedic liver supplement. I am 34 years old and worried about if I have Cirrohsis, I get mild pains in my upper right quardent. The pain is not still every time, it comes and goes. Just to add up I also was diagnosed Painc diorders. My CBP was normal when I went for ACL reconstruction surgery 20 weeks back. As i said in XXXXXXX 2012 when I had a full body check up my Gallbladder and Pancreas are perfectly normal. My problem is I get very tensed if I want to go for a diagnosis. Please suggest...
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 37 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

If you have jaundice, you will be having yellow eyes and passing yellow urine.
In cirrhosis of liver, the liver will be shrunken and the surface will be nodular. An ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be done to know whether you have cirrhosis.
The pain might be due to hepatitis or alcoholic gastropathy.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Alcoholic. Have elevated liver enzymes, fatty liver. Took zenflow for diarrhea. Worried for jaundice 9 minutes later
My eyes are normal and urine is sometimes yellowing, but when i drink lot of water its normal. My stools are even normal in color, just had one more acid vomiting may be because I am fasting since yesterday. I am only on coconut water.

Does alcohol abstinence clear all the issues i have? also please let me know if you have gone through the reports I have attached. These were done three months back. I don't have Nodular surface.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 21 hours later
Yes , abstinence from drinking alcohol would provide relief.
I went through your reports. The liver enzymes were high. Since it was done three months ago, you can repeat them now.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Alcoholic. Have elevated liver enzymes, fatty liver. Took zenflow for diarrhea. Worried for jaundice 1 hour later
Thanks for the response sir!

Today I am much comfortable and had little rice with curd, no vomiting sensation since morning. Yesterday night also I had papaya and did not vomit. Stools also got harder but yellow in color. Urine is crystal white.

As I am drinking regularly till now, do you suggest me waiting for a week with out alcohol and fatty foods then go for LFT. Or is it immediately necessary?

As I stay in a remote place and work from home... I have to take day off to reach to the nearest place for the tests.

Please suggest.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 8 hours later
Repeat LFT 4 weeks after stopping alcohol.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini