Alcoholic. Found elevated liver function test result. Taking pan 40 and udiliv. Any suggestion?

I am 43 year old. My LFT test result is SGOT :83 SGPT : 97 GGPT: 168 Albumin : 5.40 A:G Ratio : 2:16 . I am taking Pan 40 XXXXXXX Ez 40,Livfit and udiliv150mg regularly. I also drink alcohol on alternate day. Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 24 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Let me thank you first for getting yourself evaluated.
Your LFT Liver Function Tests) and GGT (gamma glutamyl transpeptidase) levels are raised.
With the history of alcohol intake, it indicates liver damage due to alcohol (Alcoholic Liver disease).
Albumin levels are good.
Was an ultrasonography of the abdomen done?
It would likely show fatty liver in early stages. If abuse continues, it may show changes of cirrhosis.
What were your lipid levels (fats)? XXXXXXX EZ is for raised fats, and pan 40 is for acidity that results from alcohol (gastritis).
Livfit and udiliv are used as supportive to liver, but are not very specific.

You are at risk of a serious liver damage and must stop drinking alcohol immediately and permanently.

You should undergo a thorough evaluation by a gastro-enterologist or a physician and do additional tests like USG, PT/ PTTK, UGI endoscopy, hemogram, RFTs to know the complications.
Control diet to low fat diet. Avoid spicy, junky food. Exercise regularly.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!