Again experiencing anxiety attacks and need medication. Suggest?

I have been your patient before and am anxious to see you again.. I am again experiencing anxiety attacks and need medication. I reside in Silver City and need to come and see you I recently had an accident and i believe thids attacks are the result of the truma.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dr Fiszbein is not working with us

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry to inform that Dr Fiszbein is not working with us. If you wish I can take your case or I can post it to another Psychiatrist working with us.

There is a fair evidence that trauma or accident can precipitate previous anxiety disorder. So you are right. I would like to know what is the medicine that you take/took for anxiety disorder. Amitriptiline is commonly prescribed with a low dose.

It makes sense to start with it after approaching a local psychiatrist for prescription. Since anxiety attacks are common and treated well by most experts you may reach one in your area and take Dr Fiszbein help if not uncontrolled by your local psychiatrist. You can also work closely with a Psychologist for better outcome.

Let me know if you have further queries.