After taking mtp kit complete had very light bleeding which stopped. Am I still pregnant?

Mar 2013
I have taken mtp kit complete but I mensurated for just half hour then bleeding stopped am I still pregnent .I am feeling worried please help
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: PROVIDE MORE DETAILS, WAIT FOR 24 - 48 HOURS. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Have you finished all the 5 tablets provided in the MTP kit ? Could you please tell me when exactly you took the tablets , and how long back ? I hope the kit was taken after a gynecological consultation. Always, the pregnancy should be confirmed and dated by a gynecologist. Sometimes, the pregnancy might be far advanced, and the kit wont work, or rarely, pregnancy can be present outside the uterus ( ectopic pregnancy ) - and then too the kit would not work. Also, the tablets should have been taken as per prescription in correct order and manner - I hope this was done. If all these precautions were followed do not worry. Bleeding with cramps, and expulsion of some tissue, will start within 24 - 48 hours. Bleeding could last for a few days, with spotting persisting upto a few weeks also, do not worry. Regarding whether you are still pregnant ( if the abortion was successful ) - you would only know after 15 days . A repeat ultrasound scan and a follow up visit with your doctor is a must, this will reveal if the uterine cavity is empty or not. RIght now, please provide me the details I requested for, and wait for 24 - 48 hours. If the tablets were correctly taken, am sure the bleeding will start, because MTP kit failure happens in only 1 % cases. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.