After smoking weed, problem in getting erection and penis got numb while having sex. Cannabis related?

Urologist
Question

Let's start out by mentioning that I am 21 years old. I am extremely sexually active with my girlfriend (We've been together a year now and have sex usually 3-4 times a week). Have always had an extremely strong sex strive, very good erections, and amazing sex.

Roughly 48 hours ago I smoked weed for the first time (With my girlfriend). I took roughly 8-10 hits over the course of 4 hours holding them in 5-10 seconds. I have had 2 full nights sleep since then.

During the time I was high I felt a very unusual shock up my back and into my brain. Since then I am able to get an erection, It feels kind of good when it's touched. But when I try to really masturbate or do something sexual It just doesn't feel right. I feel a weird feeling in my brain and I don't feel the sensation down below where my lower muscles are like I used to. Whenever I used to have sex/masturbate I would feel such good muscle contractions with my lower abdominal region etc.

I tried having sex with my girlfriend recently and it felt slightly good at first but then it went to little/no feeling at all. Almost as if my penis was numb. I am very worried as I used to have/give incredible sex and all of a sudden it's just gone. Even when I think of something sexual it does not get me hard like it used to. I don't wake up with morning wood anymore either. I'm able to be with my girlfriend and she'll get me turned on when we kiss/foreplay etc, but when it comes to sex it just doesn't feel like it used to.

What I am unsure of is if it is cannabis related, or if something else is at work here and it just happened to happen while I was smoking cannabis. I'm trying to rationalize that there is still a lot of THC floating around in me that it might be the cause in some way, but I feel fine otherwise.

I am hoping that this is only temporary and will pass with time. But I would like some insight as to what most likely is going on.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Attributed to the weed

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
I understand your worry.
Sudden onset of erectile problem is attributed almost always to recent events, in your case to the weed.
So, i cannot think of anything else in your case.
So i would suggest you to wait and see how things go in the next few weeks.
Meanwhile try to follow the general advice
1. Regular exercise- for about 45 minutes a day.
2. Healthy diet.
More importantly not to worry about the erection, as it should return, though a time frame cannot be committed.
Best regards

Follow-up: After smoking weed, problem in getting erection and penis got numb while having sex. Cannabis related? 23 minutes later
So you do believe the Weed is the culprit.

I do have a few more questions for you.

Have you ever dealt with an issue similar to this before where everything ended up alright?

Why would Weed do this? I've always read weed enhances sexual feelings.

Could you please inform me of any other symptoms I should look for in case it might be something else?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It cant be anything else.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
The very reason for discouraging substance abuse is the side effects, which may be physical, psychological or social.
Of course, all these substances are taken to EXPERIENCE some kind of high, but unfortunately has some side effects - like these.
These substances increase the sexual desire, but unfortunately takes away the performance - as described classically in the English literature.
So no more proof is needed.
I have not come across a case in real life scenario as followup in India is quite bad. My opinion is based on background knowledge.
As long as you are physically and mentally alright, there should be no worry at present.
Wish you good health

Follow-up: After smoking weed, problem in getting erection and penis got numb while having sex. Cannabis related? 3 hours later

I noticed earlier that you said "Erectile problem" I really don't have a problem getting an erection, it's the feeling that is more numb when doing it. You do believe just waiting it out is still the best course of action however?

Brief Answer:
Yes. Waiting is the best option.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. Waiting is the best option. There are medicines to get better erections, but not to treat the numbness,
Best regards

Follow-up: After smoking weed, problem in getting erection and penis got numb while having sex. Cannabis related? 2 days later
Hello again!

I just wanted to say that it's been 5 days since the problems began in which I have not smoked cannabis since.

I'm still having a hard time relating this problem to the Cannabis as so many other recent and new resources state it enhances sex and there are close to no harmful effects from smoking it.

I am able to masturbate/have sex again with SOME of the feeling returning. However it's still not 100% as good as it used to be. I would say the feeling 50% better than what it was 5 days ago.

Could it still be related to Cannabis or is there a chance it relates to something else?

Brief Answer:
may be mind set related

Detailed Answer:
HELLO AGAIN,

I cannot think of any other cause at your age.
Since you are improving, i suggest you give more time.
Best regards