After sex noticed blood with white discharge after period ended. Is this ectopic? Precautions in diet?

Infertility Specialist
i had my last periods from 09 to 13 feb .On 14 feb i had physical relation with my parter and took ipill the next day .In february i noticed some blood with my white discharge .My periods started from 3 march and lasted till 10 march.Now my periods are over but with white dischage i am noticing blood.Infact it is like a clot of blood.What is it.

Am i serious .Is it ectopic.My friend said it could be cancer .Kindly suggest what is to be done .What precautions i should take and what should be my diet.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later

I have read your problem and I understand your concerns.

As per your menstrual cycle dates you have had sex during safe period when pregnancy chances are minimal. More over you have taken i pill also. Hence your chance of getting pregnancy was almost nil. So you did not get pregnant.

Your cycle started again on March 3 and lasted till March 10. Some women do experience prolonged days of bleeding sometime in their cycles. Hence this is physiological and nothing to do with ectopic pregnancy.

Let me reassure you that this is neither normal pregnancy nor ectopic pregnancy. This is just a part of normal menstrual cycle.

If you are still not satisfied and want to be sure about ruling out pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy just get a blood test called "serum beta hCG". This is a specific test for ruling out pregnancy and will put your mind at ease.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available to answer any other queries you have. If no more queries, please accept my answer & close this discussion.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: After sex noticed blood with white discharge after period ended. Is this ectopic? Precautions in diet? 3 hours later
Sir thanks for the reply . u r right its nt pregnancy But my real cvoncern is still having slight bleeding (once or twice a day) and sometimes with white discharge and sometimess just a lump .

my friend who is not married also had similar problem ,is it related to infection a severe one and what could be the possible causes of infection.

I work at civil sites and sometimes the toilet conditions are not appropriate .Is this the reason if its an infection.can u please guide me on why i am still experiencing bleeding and yes i have severe headaches too and feel like vommiting .

Will having tablet Orni-O benefit me .Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The menstrual bleeding is based on lot of hormonal interactions in the body in accordance with Hypothalamo-pituitary (HPO) axis which controls the bleeding. In your case there could have been some alterations in HPO axis due to consumption of ipill. So please donot worry as it will subside within next 5 days by itself.

Your friend who is not married might be having some other reasons for such irregular bleeding (example: polycystic ovaries, corpus luteum deficiency etc...). SHe needs to be evaluated for this.

Your condition and cause are different from your friend and hence NOT comparable.
Please do not take orni-o as it may not help much.

White discharge you have could be due to fungal infection for which you can insert antifungsl vaginal pessaries "Candid V6" which are available over the counter in India. These have to be ibserted once a night for 6 nights. Instructions are given in detail inthe pack. If it is not reduced with this, you can see a gynecologist for getting high vaginal swab for testing fungal growth. Your unhygienic office toilet maynot be a cause for your present condition but still cannot be ruled out for sure.

I would like to reassure you again that it is NOT CANCER / ECTOPIC. It is just a simple alteration in hormones which will be restored by next cycle. Please take rest for 2 days by not going for work as you are experiencing headache and vomiting. Your cycles bleeding and headache, vomiting could be due to your work stress, hence taking off and resting might help you.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol