After drinking something cold brain feels like freezing and back hurts. Why am I feeling this?

When I drink something cold, I feel it go down my back and it hurts a brain freeze but instead of my head it feels like like my spine. Why is that?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later

You have pre-existing hiatal hernia and an Oesophageal ring for which you are on medications.

This kind of symptom does happen with extreme cold and hot food. You are just being a little more sensitive to the cold food.

Your nerves seem like they are more sensitive to the cold food.

There is no other specific cause that could be attributed to this symptom.

My suggestion to you would be to restrict too cold food intake, so that it does not hurt you.

As your hiatal hernia and oesophageal ring is being treated, this symptom will pass away too in due time.

Complete your treatment. I do not think you need to be treated for this symptom.

Please do write back if you have more queries.