After delivery stomach size has increased. What to do to reduce belly ft?

May 2013
Hello ma'am i am kavitha(26),i want you to give me a good suggestion ,regarding reducing my stomach. 2 months before i have given birth to a baby(this is my second delivery).After delivery, up to 1 month i have tied a cloth around my stomach as suggested by my mother.but after 1 month i have not tied any cloth ,i just left it free. Then my stomach got increased day by day,now it is looking like 6th month carrying.I want it to reduce,so what can i do? Is there any belts for this,can i use belt to reduce my stomach?If i can,then which model belt is suitable for me(in internet many models are there),what size belt?, how many days i have to use continuesly?and how many hours a day?please provide a good suggestion, Thank you.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Physical exercise is better Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. Usually these type of belts won't help that much effectively as being advertised. So physical exercise is the best one. If you had normal delivery, you can start the exercises from nowonwards. If you had cesarean section, better to wait for two more months and start exercises. The preferred exercises are : - Crunches For more details : -Cycling movements by lying down. -Yoga involving suryanamascaras, sarvangasanam etc. - Brisk walking also helps to decrease overall weight. -Exclusive breast feeding the baby also helps to decreased the fat. By doing all these things gradually you can come to your normal structure. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: After delivery stomach size has increased. What to do to reduce belly ft? 3 days later
hi ma'am, actually it is not possible to me to do such yoga or any type of exercises,because i have here very busy schedule in the home by managing all those works,i can't do this type of exercises.i tried before to do some exercises but it was not possible.So is there any side effects by using such belts? if not,please suggest me which type of belt can i use? and what size? And one more question i want to ask to you,my child(3 years) while playing in home he was dashed to a wall corner,so his right cheek went inside a little bit,it now looks like a dimple.i consulted a children specialist for that,he suggested to rub that place with ice i did it ,but there is no good result . So please tell me a sugestion for this. And my child is suffering frequently fever,cough,cold,vomitings etc. so i consulted doctor for this,and i used the medicines given by them ,after that he is ok,but after some days he again suffering with some cough or cold like what can i do now? could you please suggest any medicine to increase immunity power to him.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 hours later
Brief Answer: any commercially available belt Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Actually physiotherapists or any professionals will not suggest these belts. For more details : WWW.WWWW.WW If you still want to prefer a belt, you can take any one of the commercially available belts like ab belt etc. There may not be any major side effects. Buy the belt after wearing once, so that you can choose correct size. It may take some time for that dimple to heal. You can follow the pediatrician's advice. Cough and cold are common in children because of cross infections. Better to use powders like pediasure, child horlicks etc and nutritious food including eggs, milk, vegetables, fish etc to increase the immunity. You can choose vitamin drops like bevon or zincovit etc. Take care.