Advice on semen analysis results?

Question
pls advise on my attached semen report if everything is ok. thanks
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, your report is Okay! Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, your report is Okay! Yes, your report is Okay. Motility, count and all regarding semen analysis is good. There is minor infection which can be easily treated with a sensitive antibiotic. I do not think that there is anything to worry about much. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: Advice on semen analysis results? 5 minutes later
hi dr.vasanth thanks for you reply. wanted to ask is there anything to worry about the infection or chances of infertility due to the infection. is the infection curable and pls let me know as to what you meant by sensitive antibiotic. should I need to go for any furher test. to take antibiotics which doc should I consult. is it a urologist. pls advise above points... thanks and waiting

Answered by Dr. Guru 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please see below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for following up. I can understand your concern. I want to reassure you again that your report is normal. The minor infection that is present may be due to some common urinary tract infection which is completely treatable. Moreover, this kind of infection cannot lead to infertility. You need not have to worry about infertility regarding this infection. Sensitive antibiotic can be chosen by undergoing a urine culture and sensitivity test to manage the infection. Consultation with a Urologist will be more than enough. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

what is a sensitivity test.... what I meant is, is urine sample enough for the test. also can the infection be due to other factors also apart from urinary tract infection like protrate or anything etc

Answered by Dr. Guru 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, The infection can be most probably due to infection in urinary tract system. Some of such infections include UTI, Urethritis, Epididimytis, etc. Sensitivity test means, to identify the specific antibiotic for which the infective organism is sensitive to. I mean to kill that organism. Take care!