Addicted to narcotics. How to get rid of it?

i found a pill in my sons room it is a round white pill that has OC on one side and 80 on the other. he has addiction issues so i do think this is some kind of narcotic, but his grandmother use to take 80 mg oxycontin and they were greenish blue. I am worried he is not only taking narcotic pills again, but I surely do not want him taking some kind of fake medicine that will hurt him worse than his addiction
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 29 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you.

You are right - I too do not believe that the OC-80 has ever been produced as a white pill. The OC-80 is a green pill. You have two issues:

1. He might be taking a 'counterfeit' medication - so he does not know what he is getting
2. He still has a drug problem

I would take the pill to a pharmacist and ask them if they can confirm what I am telling you.