Acquired ringworm infection from HIV-positive friend. Chances of having HIV?

I think that I accuired a ringworm infection from my friend who is hiv + what are my changes of now having hiv through the ring worm transmission
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Radhika 45 minutes later

It is unlikely that you may have got the HIV infection while you got infected by ringworm from a HIV positive individual.

Ringworm are transmitted indirectly by contact with objects such as hair brushes, combs, barber clippers, clothing that has contaminated hair on it, and also from benches and shower stalls used by infected persons. The fungi which cause ringworm can also be transmitted by direct contact with infected people or with infected pets. But the spread of AIDS is not likely with those acts. Unless there was a transfer of body fluids, you wouldn’t be acquiring HIV.

You may diagnose the ring worm infection by getting examined by a Dermatologist and sending the lesion for microscopic examination. Antifungal creams which are available as over the counter at some places can treat your condition. So do not worry.

If you are still worried about acquiring AIDS, then you may plan to the HIV test like a western blot test. This will alleviate all your fears beyond doubt.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.